Apply Now!

Who are we and what do we do?

The Samford Phonathon program reaches out to alumni and parents to get them involved in annual giving at Samford. The Phonathon is staffed entirely by Samford students who provide a first-hand perspective on Samford and can explain why annual giving is crucial to our excellence. Our mission is to increase alumni participation and support, as well as keep our alumni and friends connected to the University.

The purpose of the Samford Phonathon is to create or enhance a positive relationship with each alumnus, parent and friend of the university. We ethically solicit private gifts for the university to be used generally or specifically as the donor designates. We inform each constituent of current events on campus and answer or direct any questions, comments or concerns presented.

We have found that no one can express the hopes and dreams we share for Samford better than our own students. When you receive a call from the Samford Phonathon, whether it is a call raising money for your specific department, scholarship needs or just to say "thank you for your gift," there is a Samford student on the other end of the line.

Did you know...

Alumni gifts play a significant role in offsetting the cost of tuition each year. Approximately 70 percent of what it takes to provide the Samford experience to students comes from tuition. However, the other 30 percent comes from gifts from alumni, parents and friends of the university. Whether it provides financial aid, faculty recruitment, technology and facility upgrades or allows a student to cheer on the Bulldogs at an athletic event, the impact of donor support is a vital part of the Samford experience.

In addition, alumni gifts play a large factor in determining U.S. News and World Report Rankings each year is a university's alumni giving percentage. This figure is calculated not by how much money alumni are giving, but rather by how many alumni are making financial contributions to their  alma mater.

Looking for an on campus job?

As one of the highest paying jobs on campus, Phonathon is a great employment, networking and leadership opportunity for Samford students. Calling shifts occur Monday through Thursday from 6-9 p.m. Students submit their availability on a weekly basis, giving them great reliability and manageability with their schedules.

Interested in being a part of the Phonathon Team? Click Here to apply today!